Skip to main content

Helping Hands 4

Forth of the monthly posting of the other world Henchman in conjunction with Duke of the Blood Keep and Minis by Finch 

The miniature is link boy, the valiant torchbearer leading the adventurers to reward or ruin.

This time out I have varied my flesh mix using a Vallejo paints including medium flesh. The result is a much lighter flesh finish than I usually do. but one I quite like.

The basket work was completed with a simple wash of GW agrax earth shade which I am conscious of using far too much



Comments

wardy-la said…
I can see he is going to get the adventurers into some serious trouble...
Chris said…
Excellent work, very characterful, he looks awfully brave!
Finch said…
Well done, Ant Master.

Popular posts from this blog

Items for sale 2024

 

New set of Mordheim Buildings

Last month I finished off my second set of GW Mordheim buildings. Both sets now complete, just need to get around to playing some games.   

Helping Hands 3

Third of the monthly posting of the other world Henchman in conjunction with Duke of the Blood Keep and Minis by Finch This time it's the turn of the poor donkey, carrying an excess of adventurer baggage. I have tried feathering the body of the donkey with the intention of showing up the texture of the hairs but I am uncertain how effective it is. Similarly with the white underbody, I am wondering if I have gone too far down the legs. As a bonus I painted the Cerepod (or Grell for the original Fiend Folio), the poor donkey is doomed. The Cerepod is painted in similar colours to the one on the otherworld site which having looked up its entry in the Fiend Folio are not strictly speaking authentic! In addition ahead of starting on my Drow and Driders I have test painted two old GW Demonettes. Clearly the grey one is the test paint (however stupidly I forgot to note which grey I started with), the pink one was to try out some new paints. I tried something